- Polyvalent organic fungicide against many diseases in vegetables, fruit, vine, hops, field crops and ornamentals, formulated as a water dispersable granular = Dry Flowable. It is a new special dry flowable (water dispersable granular) containing 70 % metiram. It has many distinct advantages for the user. it is a dry product with excellent flowability. Its granules can be readily poured out and measured by volume instead of being weighed. it can be effectively used for spraying, soil drenching, dip treatment or slurry seed dressing. it does not contain dust particles. So there is no dust formation during handling. it is readily dispersable. There is no need for previous pasting as with wettable powders. it does not foam, even when the spray solution is subject to intensive agitation. it is delivered in 4-fold plastic lined Kraft paper bags. The packages are easy to empty entirely and easy to dispose off.
Application (spray) :
- Polyram DF is used preventively or, at the latest, at the outbreak of the disease. When not applied on a protectant spray schedule, crops should be inspected on a weekly basis. Fungicide application should be made at the first sign of the disease, when environmental conditions are favourable for disease development, or by following special control schedules.
- Polyram DF can be applied by tractor-drawn equipment, knapsack sprayers or aircraft. Tall crops or dense foliage require high water volumes (1000-2000 l/ha according to plant size). If equipment with lower water output is used, the concentration of the spray solution must be proportionally increased. Do not use less than 300 litres of water per hectare.
- On crops with waxy or hairy leaves it is recommended to add a suitable spreader/sticker, e.g. Citowett at a rate of 25 ml/100 l water
Preparation of the spray solution :
- When measuring Polyram DF by volume, take 2 ml for 1 gram (e.g. 300 ml for 150 g). Fill the spray tank half-full with water and start the agitator. Take the sieve out of the opening of the spray tank. Slowly add the calculated amount of Polyram DF directly into the water during filling up. Keep the agitator constantly running during transport and spraying. Clean the sprayer immediately after use by rinsing with large
volumes of water.
- Polyram DF is compatible with most fungicides, insecticides, acaricides, growth regulators and foliar fertilizers. Read and follow carefully the instructions given on the product labels. Polyram DF is not compatible with parathion-oil sprays. Tank mixtures should be sprayed immediately and must not be allowed to stand for prolonged periods of time.
Crop tolerance :
- Polyram DF is well tolerated by plants at the recommended rates. When ornamental plants are treated for the first time, it is recommended to carry out a sensitivity test on a few plants before the whole stand is sprayed. Observation period: 10-14 days.
Application (Drench, dips or slurry seed treatment) :
- For using Polyram DF as a soil drench or a dip pour the required amount into water and apply as desired
- For seed dressing mix Polyram DF with a little water to form a slurry. Apply the slurry over the seeds or into the mixing seed treatment) drum and mix carefully. Dry the seeds before storage.
Recommendations for Use :
- All crops :
Disease : Seed transmitted diseases : Rate : 5 g/kg seeds : Remarks : Seed treatment (slurry)
Disease : Soil borne diseases Pythium spp. Thielaviopsis spp. Phoma spp. : Rate : 200 g/100 l water : Remarks : Soil drench of seedbeds and in the field. Apply 2 l/sqm twice: Immediately after sowing and after transplanting.
- Potatoes :
Disease : Scab Streptomyces scabies Foot rot Fusarium solani : Rate : 300 g/100 l water : Remarks : Dip tubers for 5 minutes (seed potatoes only).
Disease : Early blight Alternaria solani Late blight Phytophthora infestans
Rate : 1,5-2,5kg/ha
Remarks : Preventive spray, latest when symptoms appear apply at 10-14 day intervals. Increase rate and water volume with advancing growth. Spray shortly after rains.
- Tomatoes :
Disease : Stem and root rot Didymella lycopersici
Rate : 200 g/100 l water
Remarks : Soil drench, Apply 1-2 l/sqm.
Disease : Leaf diseases: Early blight Alternaria solani Late blight Phytophthora infestans Grey leaf spot Stemphylium lycopersici S.botryosum Leaf spot Septoria lycopersici Leaf mould Fulvia fulva
Rate : 1,5-3,0 kg/ha
Remarks : 2-5 preventive applications at 7-10 day intervals, at the latest when symptoms are noticed. Spray shortly after rains. Increase application rate and water volume with crop growth to assure complete coverage of the leaves.
Disease : Fruit diseases: Antracnose Colletotrichum coccodes
Rate : 2,0-4,0 kg/ha
Remarks : Preventive spray applications at 7-10 day intervals. Increase rate and water volume as plants grow bigger.
- Sweet peppers and eggplants :
Disease : Soil borne diseases in the seedbed Fusarium Rhizoctonia Phytophthora
Rate : 5 g/kg seeds, 200 g/100l water
Remarks : Seed treatment (slurry), Drenching of seedbeds, applying 2 l/sqm
Disease : Early blight Alternaria solani
Rate : 1,5-3,0 kg/ha
Remarks : Spray as soon as symptoms are noticed. 2-3 applications at 10-14 day intervals
- Hot (chilli) pepper :
Disease : Antracnose Colletotrichum coccodes Leaf spot Cercospora capsici
Rate : 1,5-2,0 kg/ha
Remarks : Start spraying when plants are 5 cm high and repeat regularly at 7-14 day intervals
Disease : Blight, root rot Phytophthora capsici
Rate : 200 g/100l water
Remarks : Apply 50-100 ml per plant as a soil drench.
- Cotton :
Disease : Seedling diseases Pythium spp. Rhizoctonia solani Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. vasinfectum
Rate : 300-500 g/100 kg seed
Remarks : Seed dressing (slurry)
Disease : Rust Puccinia stakmanii
Rate : 1,0-2,0 kg/ha
Remarks : Spray on occurrence.
- Maize (Sweet Corn) :
Disease : Leaf blight Setosphaeria turcica
Rate : 150-200kg/ha
Remarks : Spray when the first symptoms are noticed and repeat at 7-14 day intervals.
- Sugar beet
Disease : Cercospora leaf spot Cercospora beticola
Rate : 2,0- 4,0kg/ha
Remarks : Spray on occurrence
- Tobacco :
Disease : Blue mould Peronospora tabacina Black shank Phytophthora nicotianae var. nicotianae
Rate : 50 g/100 l water 100-200 g/100 l water
Remarks : In seedbeds. Start applications soon after gemination. Repeat twice a week until transplanting into the field. Then spray at 7 day intervals. Use low rate as a preventive measure, and the higher rate when symptoms are visible